COVID-19 & Algarve Tourism Response
Today we will explain to you all the implemented measures regarding COVID-19 & Algarve Tourism Response.
The Covid-19 Pandemic still remains a challenge for the whole world. Fortunately in Portugal, the fight against the virus has been very successful. Our Country was one of the least affected countries in Europe.
The quick and effective response from the health authorities was very important for the good results that we have had in the fight against COVID-19. Mass testing was one of the measures taken, they were crucial to detect positive cases and isolate them, avoiding community contagion.
Number of Cases
The first positive cases were detected in March and since then we have remained below 35,000 cases and less than 1500 deaths.
These results give us confidence and tranquility compared to other countries. Portugal has been a case study given its excellent performance in fighting the pandemic, having received the most diverse compliments from the scientific community.
This scenario is even more hopeful when we refer to the Algarve, which until now is one of the regions in the country with fewer cases. The first positive cases of Covid 19 in the Algarve appeared in March and since then the Algarve has accounted for less than 400 cases and just over 60 deaths. Our region is the one with the highest recovery rate among patients.
Covid Free Destination
All of these factors have contributed to the Algarve being seen as the ideal destination for a post-pandemic holiday and there are even those who speak of the Algarve as a “Covid Free” destination.
In fact, the airlines have already started to start again their activity to Faro Airport and the good news is that mandatory quarantine is not required for those arriving in Portugal.
For those who arrive at Faro Airport and want to travel to Spain, it will be possible to cross the border after July 1st, the date when the land border between the two countries reopens.
The entire tourism industry in the region is prepared and committed to safely receiving all visitors. Hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers are already open and with a “Clean and Safe” guarantee seal so that everyone feels safe.
With very extensive sands, our beaches are also considered safe areas for you to enjoy your family holidays, always keeping the proper safety distance.
Resume of implemented measures
In order to help you plan your trip in the most enlightening way possible, we have listed a set of procedures that are being taken in various segments of tourist activity in the region:
- Alcoholic solution for hands cleaning available
- Use of facial mask is mandatory ( drivers and clients )
- Front vehicle seats cannot be used by passengers
- Vehicles are sanitized after each transfer
- Drivers measure and record their temperature twice a day
Airport Health Measures
- The mandatory quarantine will not be imposed on travelers arriving in Faro by air, meanwhile, you’ll have to follow all the guidelines advised by de Portuguese health department.
- Everyone arriving by air is welcome to Portugal at the moment.
- Reinforced Cleaning and Disinfection in all Airport Areas
- Temperature Measure System
- 2 Meters Social Distance
- Use of face masks is mandatory
Airlines – Resumption of routes at Faro Airport ( Announced dates )
- Edelweiss Air – From Zurich since May 28th
- Luxair – Luxembourg from 31st May, 4 weekly frequencies
- Transavia – Amsterdam – daily flights to Faro from June 4th
- TUI Belgium – Brussels from 15th June
- Spanish Volotea – Scheduled for June 14th and 15th to start Madrid and Lyon
- Wizzair – 4 weekly frequencies from Luton from June 16th
- EasyJet – Connection between Belfast (Northern Ireland) and Faro from June 16th
- Eurowings – From Düsseldorf on June 20th, from Hamburg on June 24th and from Munich to Faro on July 3rd
- Ryanair – From June 21st, 10 weekly frequencies from Dublin, Stansted, Manchester, Oporto and Brussels
- Lufthansa – June, from Frankfurt
- British Airways – July
- Jet2 – 1st of July
Hotels and Local Accommodations
- The hotel units and local accommodations have taken enhanced hygiene measures
- Most of the touristic accommodation will resume activity, about one-third of the units are already open and 75% will be open until the end of July.
- These establishments are also identified with the “Clean and Safe” badge, which means that the measures implemented by the Portuguese General Directorate of Health are being complied.
- Free access with physical distance restrictions ( 3 meters between different families )
- Maximum occupancy of 5 people per Sunshade / Sun Umbrella
- Interdiction of ludic activities in sand área ( Beach footbal, Rackets, Disc throwing disc, etc… )
- An alert system about the level of occupation of each beach will be available through the “Infopraia” App, allowing people to make a better decision when choosing the beach to go.
- Most of the golf courses are already open. Each course follows the recommended health guidelines as well as specific measures established by the Portuguese Golf Federation.
There are 2 procedure options for restaurants:
- 50% capacity limit with a 2 meter social distance between tables
- 100% capacity is allowed if distance of 1.5m is maintained with a waterproof physical barrier is placed between customers
Waterparks and Zoos
- Theme/Water Parks and Zoo Parks are open to visitors who comply with the rules of social distance and who wear facial masks
- Entrance tickets must be purchased in advance
Opening dates for the main Theme/Water Parks in the Algarve:
- Zoomarine – 10th June
- Aqualand – Closed ( Waiting for opening date )
- Aquashow – Closed ( Waiting for opening date )
- Slide and Splash – Closed ( Waiting for opening date )
Shopping Centers and Stores
- Shopping Centers and Stores with more than 400m² in general are open
- Restaurant areas are open
- Use of Face Mask is mandatory
Thank you for choosing Faro Airport Transfers Algarve
Hope that this article, is useful for you in order to plan your holiday season in Portugal, if you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.
In case you have any questions or if you need assistance with your transfers please contact us we will be happy to assist you.